Regional Manager, Occupational Health and Safety – East
Published June 23, 2022
Are you an Occupational Health & Safety professional with strong ability to take charge? Are you passionate about improving the company’s health and safety programs and policies? Are you looking to be a part of a growing team and company?
The Universal Group has an exciting opportunity for a Regional Manager, OHS to join our Occupational Health & Safety team. Reporting to the Director, Health & Safety, the Regional Manager, OHS partners with the management and internal clients to drive forward our purpose of providing Peace of Mind to our clients and our employees. We deliver on our purpose through our core values of being passionate, driven, and authentic.
As the Regional Manager, OHS you will be responsible for overseeing the OHS Advisors to achieve optimum levels of service to clients, public relations, safety, traffic management planning, dispatch, and day to day operations for the Universal Group and its subsidiaries. Ensure clients are provided with the very best traffic control services while protecting workers, the members of the public, and our employees.
What will you do
- Lead and motivate team of OHS Advisors throughout the Province and be an ambassador for the Universal Group
- Conduct initial and ongoing training and mentoring for OHS Advisors in their job duties
- Evaluate site inspections and incident investigations to continuously improve the Safety Team
- Maintain OFA 2 certification
- Ensure customer satisfaction is maintained and staff are performing duties to the best of their abilities meeting contractual obligations for site inspections based on clients’ needs
- Report complaints to the Director, Health & Safety in a timely manner
- Recommend and assist employee development programs to sustain a competitive advantage in the traffic control industry
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Travel is required to the different regions to support the OHS Advisors
- Develop goals for your team and engage team members at least quarterly to ensure their performance standards are being met
- Assist with audits and training as required and ensure all regulatory compliance is maintained
- Support Injury Management and the Manager, Programs when required
- Ensure Regulatory (WSIB, MoL, etc) Orders are addressed and compliance is reached in a timely manner
- Will be involved with meetings with the contractors to ensure we are providing the highest level of service to our clients
- Ensure accuracy of the Zone Sheet on a week-by-week basis
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices in training as well as an understanding of regulatory requirements and fulfill those requirements
- Any other duties as assigned
- Qualified Traffic Control Person as per the provincial regulation for traffic control and holds a current/valid Traffic Control Person certificate
- Experience as a qualified traffic control person and/or a qualified Lane Technician or Traffic Control Supervisor is an asset
- Enough knowledge and understanding of the provincial regulations for Traffic Control,
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of Traffic Management Planning and Traffic Control Manual for Work on Roadways applicable to the province of work
- Knowledgeable of the Certificate of Recognition program in Ontario and work to obtain and then maintain COR certification
- Proficient knowledge of the requirement of the provincial Motor Vehicle Act and Regulations related to traffic control
- Good understanding of computer related programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Google Suite
- Must hold a current and valid Driver’s License with a good driving record
- 3 to 5 years of previous supervisory or managerial experience is considered an asset
- Proficient in both English and French
Why Universal Group?
The Universal Group is rapidly growing as we are expanding our business across other Canadian provinces, this is an exciting opportunity to be a part of our growth. Our company is driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and you will be able to own your role. As an integral part of the Occupation Health & Safety Team at The Universal Group, you will receive a competitive base salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for further education and development.
If you are this Occupation Health & Safety Professional: apply today by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org , we can’t wait to hear from you. Come grow with us!