Traffic Control Technician Weekend Shift
Published May 16, 2022
We have locations in Ottawa, Gatineau, Kingston and Sudbury with over 300 employees between our 4 locations. In addition, we have recently merged with the Universal Group, a Traffic Control leader throughout Western Canada thus enabling us to provide greater resources and support to our clients and employees
Beacon Lite is seeking candidates for their Traffic Control Technician (TCT) positions. This position provides employees with an attractive compensation package, stable part-time work (with opportunities for overtime), and in-depth training so that you may grow into multiple different areas of traffic control. This is an excellent opportunity to jump start your career in a growing industry!
As a TCT, you play an important role in ensuring that traffic control set-ups are completed according to the traffic management plan and applicable regulations. You will also work with our clients to ensure that set-ups meet their needs.
- Interpret traffic plans to determine correct placement of required signage and channeling devices
- Perform multiple traffic control set-ups ensuring that they meet traffic plan requirements and the safety of all stakeholders impacted by the site (crew members, motorists, pedestrians, etc.)
- Work with our clients in collaborative manner to uncover issues with site set-up and resolve problems
- Complete teardown of sites once work has been completed
- Maintain a safety awareness and work in compliance with applicable health and safety regulations and policies
- Delivery and pick up of traffic control equipment in Company Vehicle
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive wages starting at $22/hr with a potential to earn overtime and shift premiums
- Paid training with opportunities to learn multiple areas of a growing industry
- An amazing corporate culture where you will feel supported and recognized for the work you do
- No experience needed! We will train you!
- Must have a valid G driver’s license and a clean driving record as well as your own personal vehicle to drive to and from our office located at 4070 Belgreen Dr.
- Previous experience hauling loads and / or commercial delivery experience is an asset.
- Able to calmly troubleshoot issues and collaborate with a diverse group of people
- Ability to use a smartphone and enter data using computerized mobile devices
- Comfortable working with minimal supervision
- You will be required to provide your own CSA Grade 1 (green label) work boots with a minimum 6 inch cuff and electrical shock resistance (white label with omega symbol)
The Universal Group is a full-service company committed to providing outstanding service and competitive pricing in the traffic control industry. Our support services are tailored to specific needs creating best in class customer value. We offer an entrepreneurial environment with opportunities for job advancement and continued education.
Want to APPLY?
Call to speak directly with our dedicated recruiters today at 613-737-7337 or by email at email@example.com