Traffic Control Technician – Days
Published August 26, 2021
Possible weekends, evenings and holidays
- G Class Driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract
- Comfortable driving and reversing with trailers attached to vehicles
- Traffic control support or TCP experience is essential
- Ability to lift regularly up to 60 pounds
- Ability to cope with varying weather conditions
- Sound health, good vision and hearing, mental and physical alertness
- Knowledge of the city layout (i.e. roads) preferred
- Strong sense of awareness of surroundings – construction, traffic, cyclists and pedestrians
- Set up and tear down of traffic control materials as per Book 7 guidelines and traffic plans when available
- Review of traffic control plans to ensure that customer needs are met and that motorists, cyclists, pedestrians and people with limited mobility have safe passage around a work zone and crew members are safe in the work zone.
- Complete all required paperwork for each job and ensure that it is not only properly completed (e.g. legible, all information is recorded) but also submitted on time (i.e. daily).
- Abide by any and all Book 7 requirements and guidelines.
- Communicate effectively and politely with clients and co-workers
- Work with clients to resolve issues which may arise on site
- Comply with all workplace procedures and policies to ensure the safety of the public