Highway Crash Truck Driver – DZ Driver’s License Required (Nights)
Published August 26, 2021
Possible days, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays
- Valid Ontario DZ Class driver’s license (or equivalent) and a clean driving record
- Construction/road experience preferred
- Ability to maintain proper driving log records
- Excellent communication & problem solving skills
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision and deal with long periods of inactivity
- Ability to lift regularly up to 60 pounds
- Knowledge of the city layout (i.e. roads) preferred
- Strong sense of awareness of their surroundings – construction and traffic
- Perform physically demanding tasks, including manual labour in all types of environmental condition (heavy lifting often required – approximately 60 lbs)
- Communicate effectively and clearly with clients and co-workers
- Provide solutions to challenges that will inevitably arise
- Set up and tear down of traffic control materials that show motorists the direction in which they must drive in (i.e cones signs, message boards, safety barriers, etc.).
- Drive Crash trucks to assist with lane closures and sign installations.
- Review of traffic control/barrier plans to ensure that customer needs are met and motorists and crew members are safe while on a job site.
- Complete all required paperwork for each job and ensure that it is not only properly completed (e.g. legible, all information is recorded) but also submitted on time (i.e. daily).
- Abide by any and all Book 7 requirements and guidelines.
- Make decisions on how to set up traffic control materials to suit customer needs while following road safety and regulations.